AoftheA Has Moved!!!!!

Why are you here? I'm over here now:

Acts of the Apostasy...on WordPress!

Click the link and read all the new stuff! Your friends are over there waiting for you!

Instant "Acts"ess

You're one click away from AoftheA's most recent posts:

Today Is The Day
Get ready for it.
Okay Then, That Was Unexpected...
Weird.
Church Art Shouldn't Make You Say "Blech!"
Or cringe.
Cardinal Urges Priests To Liven Up Sermons
I got some ideas...
New Translation Objections Are Becoming More Ridiculous
Grasping at straws...
This Comes As No Surprise
Up with the ex-communicated!
Things A Catholic Ought Never Say
Watch your mouth!
Sister Patricia: On Seven Quick-Takes Friday
Catching up with Sr Pat.
Just Thought You'd Like To Know...
A public service announcement.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Sister Patrica: On Seven Quick-Takes Friday

(Sister Patricia Owens O'Flannery, OP, a post-modern pre-traditional omni-spiritual Dominican sister, periodically contributes to AoftheA.)

Greetings, dear readers! May the fresh and comforting embrace of the Autumn Spirit keep you safe and secure in these unsettling times.

I profusely apologize for posting so infrequently. There really is no excuse, except that I truly have been extremely busy. I think the best way to get you all caught up with what I've been doing - and there's been so much! - is to hop on this cute little meme I found called "7 Quick Takes Friday". Have you seen this? Seven is such a deep profound mystical number, how could I not resist?




~ 1 ~

I've been performing a one-woman play (that I wrote, by the way!) called "The Book Of PolyEsther: A Morality Play On The Life And Times Of A Progressive Sister Trapped In A Regressive System Run By Oppressive People". It's a big hit at the motherhouse, let me tell you. I've even played to sold-out living rooms at intentional eucharistic communities all over. So that has been taking up much of my time. If you'd like me to come to your parish and give a performance or two, email me!

~ 2 ~

I'm so upset that I won't be able to attend the Call-to-Action National Conference being held in Milwaukee this weekend. I was even planning on performing my play, but as sure as Fate weaves her web of chance and coincidence, I sustained an injury last weekend. Oh, nothing serious, so don't concern yourselves! It's actually quite silly. You see, every year our order runs a Corn Labyrinth and Haunted Hayride for the Halloween celebrations. Well, I was driving the tractor that towed the hay wagon, when all of a sudden one of the sisters came out of the woods dressed as Dick Cheney, holding a rifle! It was sooo scary! I forgot she was part of the haunted hayride, can you believe it? Anyway, I leapt off the tractor fearing I was about to be shot, and sprained my ankle in the process. Let me tell you - it's no fun hobbling after a tractor towing a wagon full of screaming religious sisters in the dark!

~ 3 ~

Have you heard about "Occupy Wall Street"? I don't watch much television (not since Golden Girls was taken off the air, at least), so I don't know much about it. However, I did see this video of a sweet girl from the National Catholic Reporter who went to the Occupy DC crowd, and tried to evangelize about the Catholic Church. I don't think she was all that successful, though. What do you think?

~ 4 ~

Have I told you how I'm working to get solar panels installed at the motherhouse? Just doing my part to be environmentally responsible! Well, my plans hit a snag earlier this year when Solyndra went bankrupt - we had a contract and everything! Now I'm looking at working with another company called First Solar.

~ 5 ~

My fantasy football team is performing terribly! I truly regret having drafted Donovan McNabb, and now that my #1 running back Ahmad Bradshaw is done for the year with a broken ankle, I might as well just pack it in for this season.

~ 6 ~

This past summer I attended the American Catholic Council in downtown Detroit. Ugh. All those old people. I left halfway through the Saturday program. My prediction? The movement will die in committee. I mean that literally.

~ 7 ~

Our order has started making wine. My oh my, it has been so much fun! We're using the proceeds to launch our Sophia Institute Of Intentional And Sustainable Living. To date we've started with a chardonnay, to be followed up with a port. I hope to have our website up and running soon so we can start selling it - by the case! Here's the label:


Oh, and don't worry - we make sure our feet are very clean before pressing the grapes!

Apparently, I'm supposed to link back to Conversion Diary, so there it is.

And I promise to post more often. Unless, of course, my one-woman play gets picked up at Broadway (you never know!)...